Sunday, February 25, 2007

Circuit

To say that nothing has changed is wrong, or at least, it misses the mark.

Shell-shocked and trembling, I lose my bearings, and this is what I want.
True north remains, but I don't know what this place is, this place where I find myself alone with you.
I am patient.

We’re in an abandoned skyscraper in Kuala Lumpur.
130 floors up, we can see a garden below, from this space that is ours but not ours.
Kuala Lumpur is the only city in the world to have a million-year-old primary forest within the heart of the city.

And you're right, I'm not leading a caravan through the desert, where ashes hide among the grains of sand and water flows beneath.

Receiving and transmitting, I am following the current that flows between us, traveling along its coil, electrically charged, invisible.